“GEMS” was derived/abbreviated from the words “Girls Entering The Master’s Service”. These are the opportunities for the ministries for the girls in the International Pentecostal Holiness Church at large. It was introduced in South Africa in 1995 by the General Women Ministries International Pentecostal Holiness Church-USA. The ministries are fundamentally entrusted upon the Women Ministries of IPHC who have the responsibility to see to organize the girls. Women Ministries were in-serviced to launch GMs in all conferences.
GEMS in South Africa continued like that under Mrs. George Muriel, but at a slow rate where the Ministries were active in some conferences thought not in a clear picture. Concentration was more on Leadership Training Manual with a focus on WM, until in the 2006 when Mrs. Mrs. Mmutloane Louisa was nominated to spear it. From 2006 -2010 GEMS was then launched in all the conferences where both WM & Girls were involved. Leadership continued to be from WM.
This program is envisaged for girls starting from ages three and upwards. It is purposed to win girls of all ages to Jesus Christ and allowing them to have the personal relationship with the Lord of their lives. Only leadership of the ministries must be the bona-fide members of IPHC but it embraces all girls even outside the IPHC.
- a) To lead girls to Christ
- b) To teach them the Bible based guidelines for Christian Living.
- c) To acquaint them with the World Evangelism (Home and foreign).
- To challenge them to know the truth and develop a life style of Christian Character, Commitment and Service
- Mission Statement
Girls running with Flamed Torch Lights in their hands –“The Gospel of Jesus Christ” ignitting all other Girls in the Pentecostal Holiness Church and Touching All Other South African Girls for winning them to Jesus Christ before His Second Coming.
- a) To win Girls to Jesus Christ through love and acceptance
- b) To teach them to obey all that Jesus commanded by developing them spiritually and mentally.
- c) To provide encouragement, support and accountability
- d) To provide an environment for girls to develop their gifts and abilities
- e) To give the girls the opportunity to know the truth, develop the lifestyle of Christian Character, Commitment and Service.
- f) To encourage girls to work with all girls of diversities
- g) To acquaint them with the Great Commission of Jesus Christ, our Lord / acquaint them with World Evangelism – Home and Foreign
You can download the complete manual by clicking on the link below to view it then choose to save it or right click on the link and select “Save Target As” or “Save Link As”