PURPOSE, SCOPE AND GOALS
- This organisation shall be known as the Pentecostal Holiness Church Men’s
- Ministries (PHC-MM) and will interchangeably referred to a Men’s Ministry or Men’s Ministries.
Realizing that God has given the Pentecostal Holiness Church men, each gifted for the ministry. There shall be a PHC-MM which shall motivate men to discover their
gifts, prepare them for the ministry, and provide/suggest opportunities for service as part of the church’s ministry.
All activities shall be based on the dual objectives of winning men to Christ and also developing active participation of men in the ministries of the church. PCH-MM shall be made up of men at all levels, united by the following Statement of Purpose:
- To provide masculine Christian fellowship,
- To inspire, teach, and equip its men to become involved in lifestyle evangelism,
- To create opportunities to serve by challenging, training and involving men in their gifted ministries under the leadership of the pastor,
- To challenge men towards organizing and supporting activities for boys through the Royal Rangers Ministry,
- To challenge men at all levels to support and participate in new church planting,
- To organize and prepare men to reach out to communities in times of crisis, disaster or need through Men Of Action (MOA) ministry. This will be organized at the General, Quintennium, District and Local levels.
PHC-MM will strive to provide and promote essential services for men of the church at the General Conference, Quintennium Conference and Local Church levels. Conference and local ministries will be developed around the gifts of the men of the church. Ministries will expand as more men are added and/or as individuals develop additional gifts.
There are four goals of ministry:
- Spiritual – personal Christian growth
- Service – church and community projects
- Social – fellowship
- Soul-winning – fellowship and friendship evangelism
Christian men live in two worlds which are sacred and secular. The sacred one is Sunday, the Lord’s day. This world is filled with love, worship, praise, teaching and fellowship with other believers.
The secular is known as the other six days where a man spends two thirds of his life time.